I Forge Iron

Bridge Crane

Well the outfit I was checking with sells new but surplus industrial equipment... They have a one ton Jet with a powered trolley you could have for $700 but its only got 10 foot of lift... My dad found a 2 ton single phase hoist (anohter Jet) for $750 in Idaho.... The place I am dealing with said they have another truck coming in next week and it might have a two ton and trolley...

I have a buddy in the crane biz that has a 2 ton cable hoist with a powered trolley thats used... I'll try and get him to commit to a price as well..

Looks Great, Danger. Sorry I missed you this morning, Larry- I left you a bottle opener~~!
FWIW, I've been in two shops that had powered 2-ton trolleys and while nice, I got tired of waiting minutes for them to traverse the building. I wound up going with manual trolleys and chain falls and didn't regret it. Sounds crazy, I know, but there's something old-school I like about having it off-grid. My current runway is 80' and I can whip that manual one down to the end in a fraction of the time it takes the electric. I don't mind pulling a fall either. Wax On, Wax Off~ :P

Hey Larry thanks, I did find another Craigslist deal, a two ton with a motorized trolly only 15' lift, I might just have to buy some chain. $10 foot is the lowest I have seen thats still puts me under a grand.

The monorail up top needs to motorized because of the height but my other two are manually operated.