I Forge Iron

Another Peter Wright Question

Have a Peter Wright that says "Peter Wright Patent" very clearly stamped, along witht the weight, but try as I might, cannot find "Solid Wrought" stamped anywhere on the side of the anvil. I vaugely recall reading that after a certain date they stopped using a wrought iron body and started using more modern mild steel for the body. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Additional to above - I dusted the side of the anvil with talc powder to try and reveal more detail and also put paper over it and rubbed with a pencil but still don't see any indication of any part of the words "Solid Wrought". Can anyone, perhaps those with AOA, tell me if this might be a later production Peter Wright? Thanks for any help!

From the looks of it, I would put it between 1852-1860. IF you come across a remenant of Solid Wrought written in a circle, that would move it 1860 on. If you find a remnant of England on the side under Patent, that would make it newer than 1910 .

Thanks a ton. I would not have thought it was that old but the face has certainly seen some use! It certainly does not say "England" on it. Did the general shape and how the base/feet look pin it?