I Forge Iron

Fisher Regulator not working

pnavarro

I bought a 67CH-743 Fisher regulator from Kamps Propane last week. The tech that sold it to me installed the gauge, hose, and POL fitting for me. I connected it last night and backed out the adjuster wheel completely. I opened the gas valve on the tank and the needle on the gauge red-lined. However, I opened the ball valve on the other end of the hose and no gas was flowing. I then turned the adjuster clockwise all the way in and there was still no gas flowing.

I disconnected the regulator from the tank, and with the adjuster wheel still fully turned in, I blew through the POL fitting and was able to feel the air passing through to the other side of the hose at the ball valve. I then connected the regulator to a second tank and I had the same experience, redline on the gauge and no flow at the ball valve.

I looked at Larry Zoeller's parts order page this morning and I noticed on his picture of the same regulator, that he had the POL fitting on the right side of the gauge on the regulator. This is opposite of how the tech built my kit. Does it matter which side the POL connects to on the regulator? I think I might have just solved the problem but I won't be able to test out this configuration until I get back home tonight.

Thanks,

Paul

Yes it does matter. Regulators will be marked in , and out, or have flow arrows. The in is for the incoming high pressure.

Since their tech did this, you may want to return it so that they can fix it, just in case it damaged the diaphragm. That way they can't say that it was something that you did.