I Forge Iron

Insurance not paying?

son_of_bluegrass

I didn't want to hijack another thread where it was mention if you do something wrong hooking up a forge and something goes horrible your insurance may deny the claim.
Over in a woodwork forum the question was asked if anyone had first hand knowledge of insurance not paying on an individual (not commercial) claim for any reason. We're not talking about dropping a policy or not renewing a policy or the inability to get a policy for something you'd done in the past that was stupid.
So out of curiosity, I'm asking here.
Does anyone have first hand information (not a friend of a friend or anything like that) of an insurance company not honoring a claim?

In the other forum several people knew of commercial claims (where someone was making money, not hobby or personal) being denied. One guy admitted to lighting an incompletely installed fireplace and the company did pay on that claim when a fire started. There was some other stupid stuff done, remodeling not to code and what-not that claims got paid on. But no one was able to come up with an individuals non-commercial claim being denied.

ron