I Forge Iron

UAO Anvil

Anyone have an idea of what kind of Anvil this is?? There are no markings on it anywhere. I havent had it on a scale but its about 150+-. It has 2 hardy holes right next to each other, one is 1 1/2 x 1" and the other is 1 x 3/4". If you played the bells, you could take this to a concert because it sings like no other. There is about a cannon ball size recess in the bottom dead center. Anyone??

post-16012-0-73145900-1297615696_thumb.j

post-16012-0-88071200-1297615987_thumb.j

Thanks CurlyGeorge, yeah, I had to add those magnets because the ring was quite loud. I appreciate the compliment, I took a lot of elbow grease to get it looking good again. The top and horn where badly rusted and the sides and base had about 150 coats of crap paint. I was hoping to find some identification under all that paint, no such luck. Not a mark on this thing. She is a beaut though. :)

Just found out from a friend who is familiar with this Anvil that it is a Russian cast steel anvil. It was purchased by a Guild and not used much if at all because of its strange Hardy set up. I have since closed the larger Hardy from 1"x1.5" to 1"x1" with a piece of tool steel. I will eventually do the same for the other, more then likely turn it into a pritchel.