I Forge Iron

auto draft electric blower

jerry p.

I was helping a friend do a demo and an older guy came over and said he had two blowers he was going to junk. I told him not to scap them, I'd like to see them. I talked with him yesterday and he said one is an auto draft, cast iron with electric motor. He plugged it in and it worked well. He couldn't get to the second one, so I'm not sure what it is other than it is a hand crank blower. Any info on the electric blower would be appriceated. He said he'd take a fair offer, but I'm not sure what that is. Thanks - Jerry P.

It would help if you gave us an area of the country that you're in. (Mandatory content :D ) I would offer him what you can afford and make him counter offer. If you tell him that you are going to actually use them he may accept a lower offer and ask for something that they have helped you make in return for a premium price. Since you said he was going to junk them anyway find out what scrap prices are in your area and offer that.

Good Luck.

If it works and you need/want it I would think anything less than $100 is good deal, better for both. I would try and find out what he was expecting for scrap value and double or triple that just to be fair and keep good karma flowing your way. Maybe offer to make him a keychain or steak turner, bottle opener etc...
Rob