I Forge Iron

looking to buy an anvil in central tx.

hello all, i'm new to blacksmithing but have been making knives for about 7 years now. time for a new challenge. i live in central tx. (brownwood) and have been looking for an anvil for quite some time. if anyone has one for sale around 200lbs. i would be interested.
thanks

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I graduated from Mullin...a long long time ago...lived in Goldthwaite. My wife has a nephew and his family that lives in Brownwood also. ANYWAY....there is a guy in Goldthwaite that has several anvils, at least a few yrs ago he did. Name is Robert Womack, shop is south of Goldthwaite on HWY 183 on the west side of the hwy and just outside of the city limits. He also had a couple of Little Giant power hammers last time I was by there. He's a little grumpy and acts like he knows it all sometimes but I think you can deal with him. Also, the Balcones Forge www.balconesforge.org , is the ABANA affiliate closest to you. They usually meet in the Marble Falls, Austin, Fredricksburg area. Check out their site for more details. Great bunch of folks and enjoy having visitors and newbies join them. Enjoy the site.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I graduated from Mullin...a long long time ago...lived in Goldthwaite. My wife has a nephew and his family that lives in Brownwood also. ANYWAY....there is a guy in Goldthwaite that has several anvils, at least a few yrs ago he did. Name is Robert Womack, shop is south of Goldthwaite on HWY 183 on the west side of the hwy and just outside of the city limits. He also had a couple of Little Giant power hammers last time I was by there. He's a little grumpy and acts like he knows it all sometimes but I think you can deal with him. Also, the Balcones Forge www.balconesforge.org , is the ABANA affiliate closest to you. They usually meet in the Marble Falls, Austin, Fredricksburg area. Check out their site for more details. Great bunch of folks and enjoy having visitors and newbies join them. Enjoy the site.

thanks for your help, i will give him a call