I Forge Iron

BBQ fork

A few years back I purchased a BBQ fork for a guy at work from Brian Brazeal. The guy never gave me the money so I ended up with a real nice fork with a bottle opener on the handle side. I have made a few of these forks and I give them away to friends and family. I gave one to my foreman last week and he was thrilled with it and asked if I could make one for his dad, and he would pay me for it. So I made a couple more this weekend They came out nice but not nearly as good as the one Brian made. The material used is 1 inch x 1/4 flat bar 9 inches long. Also my boss wants a fireplace set, so it looks like I will be able to do something on the rain days
post-10376-0-45255900-1292787914_thumb.jpost-10376-0-90663200-1292787920_thumb.j

Hey Clinton, nice looking fork.

I just happen to have a bunch of 1/4 x 1" flat laying around and was thinking about making some this week to give away at Christmas. Thanks for the confirmation on going ahead by posting.

I have made several steak turners and have given a few away as gifts. They spiked the interest of those that didn't get them as gifts and now they want to buy some. :) "Cha-ching!"

Perhaps I'll give away a few forks too and that will cause interest by others. Time for some Fork and Turner BBq sets. I think I'll make the fork handles a little longer so as to not lose any arm hair for that steak on the back of the grill. :o

Have a blessed day,
Mark<><

Thanks for the positive remarks guys, they are getting better no doubt about that
marksnagel- I get a 20 inch long fork using 9 inched of material and the key to the bottle opener is -- slit a hole then drift to about 3/4 inch and work over the horn taking off the edges (chamfer) then finish drift to 1 inch- no more, then take another heat and dimple for the tab. If you do go too far thats ok you just make a triangle opener it wont be round anymore but you can still make it use-able

Thanks for the positive remarks guys, they are getting better no doubt about that
marksnagel- I get a 20 inch long fork using 9 inched of material and the key to the bottle opener is -- slit a hole then drift to about 3/4 inch and work over the horn taking off the edges (chamfer) then finish drift to 1 inch- no more, then take another heat and dimple for the tab. If you do go too far thats ok you just make a triangle opener it wont be round anymore but you can still make it use-able

Thanks for the advice Clinton. I was a little leery about the bottle opener but with our advice I will give that a try.

Mark<><