I Forge Iron

First attempt at a touchmark

This is my first attempt at a touchmark. I'm not completely happy with it, and have decided to make one with a depression instead. So, it would be a square or cicle with the mark raised when put into a piece.
The piece I tested this on after I tested on a piece of cold lead was a straight pein hammer I finished today. I misaligned on the second hit so there are 2 marks overlapping each other.

It will do until I get time to work on another one.
Let me know what you all think.

post-12243-023632900 1286502444_thumb.jp

By the way, the image is supposed to be two open ended hearts upside down to each other and overlapping to form an infinity symbol in the middle. The ends are too far apart for my liking. That is where my business name comes from, Infinity Blacksmithing.

I like it as it is but if you're not satisfied with it, you should work it to your liking.
Maybe make another one of different size for smaller stuff and keep this one for big projects.
Mine covers about 1/2" circonference and I can't mark the smaller items.

It is frustrating to double-punch but I calm myself down by convincing myself it looks more hand-made.

Naz