I Forge Iron

How I roll

Heading out at o-darkhundred if you are going I will see you there, if you are not going I will post some pics when I return home. Here are a couple of pics of my ride getting loaded, this is a 1971 VW bus and it will haul 2000 pounds payload, built like a tank.post-10376-085083100 1285887971_thumb.jppost-10376-029424100 1285887978_thumb.jppost-10376-003220800 1285887984_thumb.jppost-10376-098143000 1285887989_thumb.jp

One of my smithing buddies, Darryl, is a VW van life member. I always pay his way to hammer-ins, just to take advantage of his packing abilities. He's like a kid in a candy store when we pack my demo station in the longbed F-250 with a 16 foot trailer behind. He can get half my shop in there, with coolers on top, and room for tailgating treasure eventualities.

Out here guys take the VW add a radiator in front and put a V6 in the back! Those babies Mooove! :rolleyes: They are just great workhorses.

I do not have a V-6 but it is a little more than stock,, it has a 2000cc motor with dual Weber carburetors the v-6 sounds like fun I would like to see how they set that up

Have a great time Clinton - Yes, more pictures please!

I remember taking a scuba trip in a friend's '63 "Transporter" (the one with the windows around the top - he named it Mr. Scott) - Three guys, all our scuba gear and normal tripwear - 900 mi round trip, top speed of about 56 mph - we were NOT popular on the freeway but it was a great little ride and never hiccuped once!