I Forge Iron

couple of peter wright questions

I was just wondering if anyone on here knows or can tell me what type of tool steel they used on peter wright anvils for the welded on plate and if there are some give aways as to the general date of production of said anvil. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

D__m lost the post. Anyhow PW used multi plates on early ones one piece on later ones(From AIA)"plates are best quality tool steel" Age would be by the way the logo was stamped in(in blocks)If ya post a pic of the logo we might get ya a block date.
Ken.

D__m lost the post. Anyhow PW used multi plates on early ones one piece on later ones(From AIA)"plates are best quality tool steel" Age would be by the way the logo was stamped in(in blocks)If ya post a pic of the logo we might get ya a block date.
Ken.

Well here it is i couldnt get a picture for you but hopefully I can describe the details the pictures I took did not show anything anyways. So here it goes at the top of the anvil and towards the horn It says Peter, under that it says Wright, now under that its hard to make out but it appears to say England, then under that in a circle it says solid wrought, andunder that are the weight stamps which are 1 2 22 which from my understanding would be 190 lbs. Also on the foot under the horn is the number seven on the right side and number seven on the left side which seems to be the same size number stamp as the weight stamps. Well I hope all the info can tell you something. Thanks for the reply.

Well here it is i couldnt get a picture for you but hopefully I can describe the details the pictures I took did not show anything anyways. So here it goes at the top of the anvil and towards the horn It says Peter, under that it says Wright, now under that its hard to make out but it appears to say England, then under that in a circle it says solid wrought, andunder that are the weight stamps which are 1 2 22 which from my understanding would be 190 lbs. Also on the foot under the horn is the number seven on the right side and number seven on the left side which seems to be the same size number stamp as the weight stamps. Well I hope all the info can tell you something. Thanks for the reply.

In AIA Postman says if it has England stamped on it it is after 1910. In most of the pics it shows the middle number inside the solid wrought circle.
Ken.