I Forge Iron

Greetings from the U.P.

yoopermac

Greetings from Michigan's Upper Peninsula, new to all of this....inherited an old forge and vise....the handle for the blower (manual) is missing. First project. Legs are getting rotten.....second project. Looking for anyone within driving distance of the western U.P. that I can come visit and learn from.

Greetings from Michigan's Upper Peninsula, new to all of this....inherited an old forge and vise....the handle for the blower (manual) is missing. First project. Legs are getting rotten.....second project. Looking for anyone within driving distance of the western U.P. that I can come visit and learn from.

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya.

I married a Yooper 13 years ago from around Ironwood. We're within driving distance and you're more than welcome to visit, just plan on a few days drive each way and have a passport to get through Canada. Alaska isn't probably what you're thinking of as "within driving distance" but. . . it is.;)

Frosty the Lucky.

I married a Yooper 13 years ago from around Ironwood. We're within driving distance and you're more than welcome to visit, just plan on a few days drive each way and have a passport to get through Canada. Alaska isn't probably what you're thinking of as "within driving distance" but. . . it is.;)

Frosty the Lucky.

Well then you know that which I usually close with to be true, "If you are lucky enough to live in the U.P., then you are lucky enough."

Frosty the Lucky.

• 1 year later...

I used to be a "Yooper" but moved to Fl 41 years ago and still get up there once a year to recharge/regain my roots. There is an annual gathering of smiths in Escanaba my hometown. It is at the UP Fairgrounds and held in
September. You might check with George Potvin as he is in charge of the shop located there. The Michigan Artist Blacksmith Association puts out an excellent newsletter and you might want to connect with them.
I often think of the free air-conditioning in the UP as I sweat it out in my Fl. shop. Forge On, Har. ol retired, usedtobeayooper