I Forge Iron

Greetings from southern New Jersey

Alkelei

Greetings. I'm new to the forums here, so I thought this was a great place to start. I was recommended here by a smith who works at the P.A. renaissance faire. I am a 20 year old who is interested in blacksmithing. I have a little experience under my belt; I once created some armor by heating 16 gauge sheet metal and bending it with a mallet to fit around my limbs with riveted leather straps, and I managed to set up a forge for a short time, during which I made one knife out of a railroad spike. Naturally it wasn't very good, and I was halfway done with another, but my dad sold the house and now I have no place to practice. I would really love to learn from somebody, so if anyone knows anyone who lives in or near Gloucester county, that'd be great... What else... I am going to Messiah College to learn mechanical engineering, I like going to the Renaissance Faire, I make my own costumes, I compose and play music with guitar piano, violin, voice, and anything else I can get my hands on, I do some leatherworking, including a sword sheath and a hardback leather journal, and a little woodworking too. Well, I am too tired to continue at this point. Thus said, I am glad to join this community of experienced smiths. I hope I can learn a lot from all of you. ( I also hope I can get a place to practice smithing, too.)