I Forge Iron

my propane tank forge with doors

Bryce Masuk

this is my little forge for general work

I am currently building a big one with a 25 inch long floor and and 13 1/2 wide and 5-7 inches tall

the doors make a huge difference

I used 1/2 inch angle iron and made two side to the frame and tacked them together

I didnt have the right channel for the door guide so i tacked together 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch channel

it was really simple to build and didnt cost much

post-3202-059470200 1278258443_thumb.jpg

post-3202-014189900 1278258515_thumb.jpg

this is my little forge for general work

I am currently building a big one with a 25 inch long floor and and 13 1/2 wide and 5-7 inches tall

the doors make a huge difference

I used 1/2 inch angle iron and made two side to the frame and tacked them together

I didnt have the right channel for the door guide so i tacked together 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch channel

it was really simple to build and didnt cost much

Consider adding a foot peddle to open the doors on your new forge. It is very handy when trying to put a long piece of stock in or out of the forge.

brad

Consider adding a foot peddle to open the doors on your new forge. It is very handy when trying to put a long piece of stock in or out of the forge.

brad

sounds like a good idea, I will have to think about how to do it though

do you work as a blacksmith, welder, or fabricator around here?

sounds like a good idea, I will have to think about how to do it though

do you work as a blacksmith, welder, or fabricator around here?

I worked as a professional blacksmith for about 8 years but it is a difficult way to make a living. Either feast or famine. Now I am a welder, fitter, fabricator better paycheck.

brad

I worked as a professional blacksmith for about 8 years but it is a difficult way to make a living. Either feast or famine. Now I am a welder, fitter, fabricator better paycheck.

brad

So you have your own company doing mobile welding and fabricating?

everyone has told me if you want to be a blacksmith its either feast or famine lol I dont doubt it either.

I really want to make it happen somehow, I dont care if fabricating or sheetmetal work is part of the job I can do that as long as I can have a shop and do what I want sometimes I will be happy.

I think the trick is in the business part because people around this area dont know what a blacksmith does, the other part is being able to make it without killing yourself in hours and hard labour.

So you have your own company doing mobile welding and fabricating?

everyone has told me if you want to be a blacksmith its either feast or famine lol I dont doubt it either.

I really want to make it happen somehow, I dont care if fabricating or sheetmetal work is part of the job I can do that as long as I can have a shop and do what I want sometimes I will be happy.

I think the trick is in the business part because people around this area dont know what a blacksmith does, the other part is being able to make it without killing yourself in hours and hard labour.

I am no longer self employed and work for a structural steel company.

There are several very skilled blacksmiths locally so you will need to develop niche or you may have a hard time competing in a fairly small market.

Develop a portfolio that you can to show to architects.

brad