I Forge Iron

Metric stock sizes?

I am making some teeth for a mixer. The mixer was apparently made in Europe, the replacement teeth made in China. I have been told that delivery takes far too long so that is why they want them made in Canada. There is a section of unforged steel on the tooth which measures .6"x1.9" . This comes out to roughly 15mmx48mm is this a standard size? I would have thought that 15mmx50mm would be the standard size? This is just curiosity as I have been given the go ahead to use 5/8"x2" as I cannot get metric stock economically nor does the pricing justify forging the parent stock down to the sample size.

Thanks Larry I am going to bookmark their page for future reference. I have the go ahead to use imperial sizes and I am sure shipping and customs brokerage on only 4 lengths of bar would be prohibitively expensive for this job but I may need metric material in the future. I checked their website and 48mm wide material is not normal, I guess this may be undersized stock, I have been offered stock that was rolled undersize in the past for a cheap price.