I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing instructional DVD's

I have watched the Blacksmiths Primer dvd's several times. Remember I am new at this, but I found it to be a great show. I learned a lot. I started with the book and it was so good I had to try the dvd's. There are 3 dvd's in the set. I would recommend them both any day. Remember to PRAY for and SUPPORT our troops....
Kevin

I can recommend the Upper Midwest Blacksmiths' DVDs.
Quality is a little off, and there's not much editing,
but at 6 hours and $5 apiece, you can't really go wrong. They do an online ordering thing - the bloke sending out the orders is a real nice guy.

I have my eye on the knifemaking DVDs by Tim Lively, and the Wareham Forge DVDs - has anyone seen these? Are they okay?

For power hammer work , I have the Dave Manzer DVD's, one on tuning a littlegiant and power hammer techniques both very good video's.

The Clifton Ralph power hammer tapes are very informative, just very long and not the greatest lighting etc.

The Hofi "Free Form Powerhammer" dvd, its got good filming and easy to understand what he's doing.

For hand forge work I've got the 3 video's from the blacksmith journal, they're filmed very well and and would be of interest for a beginner smith.

I have the Blacksmithing Primer DVDs and all the Blacksmith Journal DVDs. I like them all, but would recommend the Blacksmithing Primer for a beginner/intermediate. It taught me how to light my fire more efficiently and helped me to realize you don't have to hammer so darn fast. I liked how things were presented and discussed. I watch them quite frequently, actually.

I rented my videos from Technical Video Rental. I found them one night while surfing. It was kinda pricey, but worth it. I think it was like 25.00 for the 3. I think you can keep them for a week. That price included shipping. Maybe it was not to pricey after all. It has been a while though. They have several other videos I want to see. They have a lot of different subject matter. I had great service and will use them again. I would recommend them also. Good Luck....:D