I Forge Iron

Its amazing how little kit I need to patternweld David !

Say £3000 ish in the baby anyang 15kg, a home made gas forge, a belt grinder (from industrial auction, maybee got £300 in it with the VFD), angle grinder and lots of thin chopping discs, and a solidly mounted vice.
, very cheap, very old stick welder& one of those hand held welding visors.

Anvil (ebay £100) , couple of pairs of tongs I actually use, and a re-handled £2 hammer.

course theres all the ususal PPE, and steel etc, but there is allways going to be that!

Sure, theres lots of other kit surrounding my little forging corner but it doesnt get used :P

Sure, theres lots of other kit surrounding my little forging corner but it doesnt get used :P

I'l have it then :D

Actually that's the great thing about black/blade smithing. You can start with a bit of rail road track a small blower (hair drier?) and a readily available chain store hammer hammer ..... pretty much how I started out........ and then progres by making,finding,ebaying,buying kit up to whatever level you want, either as hobby or to earn a living. I JUST LOVE IT. I can't think of any other trade/craft that is as accessable, challenging and do-able on such a wide range of levels as this thing of ours! JUST LOVE IT.