I Forge Iron

weekend project

:) getting the new shop under control.

I've been sorta moved in since July...shop wasn't quite ready to be moved into. It needed the electrical,drywall,lighting finished up and I need to make some money. So after working the last couple of months out of crates,boxes with the minimum of barely setup of machines, I finally had enough and got some stuff closer to being setup properly.

I built a new platform to stand on in front of my Nazel hammer with a removeable tool table.

I repostioned and anchored my 100 lb littlegiant, it seemed to run faster getting power from phase converter so i ditched the old flat belt and converted it to vbelts with a jackshaft and reduction pulley's.
I didn't want to drill any new holes in the hammer so I designed it use existing bolts and holes. I put a few pics of the band brake I built when I first got the hammer 4 years ago. Got some of the power hammer tooling hung up...

but for now its time for some beer :D

814.attach

815.attach

816.attach

817.attach

818.attach

819.attach

820.attach

the littlegiant is a nice one, was barely used when I got it, the only thing I think someone did to it was was fabricate new toggle arms for it. I had one break on me at a weld, so I touched them up and rewelded them, when I get some time I'd like to forge some one piece adjustable toggle arms and maybe play a bit more with the spring rates.