I Forge Iron

Stake Holder table design help needed.

FredlyFX

Hi guys, I'm hoping you can help me with some ideas. A couple weeks ago I picked up a Plexto stake holder for a song. Now I want to build a bench to go with it. I also have two wood workers vices that came out of a Jr. High shop classroom.

What I am thinking so far is to build a large table that will be the centerpiece/layout table of the shop. I'm thinking maybe 5ft by 10 ft, with the stake holder in the center of one long side, then a wood workers vice to the right of it near the corner. Then add the second woodworking vice to the middle of the short end. If I create the square holes for the dogs I can use the vices to hold things from two sides. My plan so far is to use 2x4's sandwiched for the table top and steel for the legs. I will probably build drawers to go under it as well. I may use angle iron around the outside edge. Any ideas or suggestions? This is only in the dreaming it up stage now, so I am open to everything.

Thanks