I Forge Iron

kitchen knife

rokshasa

im gonna try this again lol, here are some pics of a knife i made a few weeks ago.11 1/2 over all, 8 3/4 blade, coper fittings and a white ash handle , had a little bit of a hard time with the handle but its on there now lol, they are the first fittings i ever made .comments welcome and encouraged.

post-7346-12647724135978_thumb.jpg

post-7346-12647724940707_thumb.jpg

First: what type of steel is the blade?
Second: in my experience you can only research something for so long then put knowledge into practical use. With me as an example the first project whether its metal, wood, leather or what ever my first is always less than desirable. but the experience and knowledge gained from the project automatically gets introduced into the next project and so on and so forth. Practice is the key.

One saying that comes to mind is "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?.............PRACTICE!" :D

Don't get discouraged take what ever comments or "Constructive Criticism" and implement it into your next project and pretty soon your the one telling and explaining how tos' to people.

Oh and by the way Nice knife lot better than my first! :)