I Forge Iron

Tredal Hammer

Well guys I am pretty well finished with the tredal hammer I mentioned a few weeks ago for my 11-year old grandson. It works pretty well and grandson is out smashing BB's into pennys right now. The plans are pretty good but lack some detail about attaching the tredal, measuresments of pieces and there were a number of usless pictures. I had to add an extension to the tredal part that would allow my grandson to use it. I did this by adding a received to the tredal that a bar could be inserted like a receiver hitch on a car. It added about 16 inches. I would recommend it for anyone as it gets you farther away from the hammer and makes it a lot eaiser to use. The plans were from warner knives. I anyone else builds one let me know how it worked for you.
Larry

How about some photos of the hammer. Ive been gathering material to build one. I havent decided what plans to use

so I would be interested in seeing what you built

Go to warner knives he has photos of the hammer that is painted. My looks the same except it is not painted and is to cold to paint now. I am pleased with the way it turned out. The only thing I changed was adding a receiver hitch to the tredal allowing more leverage. We will have to give it some time to see how it holds up.
Larry