I Forge Iron

Newb Here

Andrew Smith

I have been on the black smith forum a little and posted a little but never really got into coming on here often, pretty much just read and posted a little here and there. I am currently a Student and pretty much if I think I can make something then I just go for it. My Dad used to be a contractor and my grandpa knows almost everything under the sun, so ever since I was younger I have had access to tools and good help. About a year ago I was talking to a cabinet maker of mine and he told me about a video on-line where someone was making a RR spike knife. I just went for it. I have only made knives and tomahawks but I really enjoy doing it. Hope to learn a lot of stuff on here.

By the way, Is anybody from East Texas?

I think that I have where I live. I live in Van Texas :huh: Ya, the name of our little town is Van. It is about twenty minutes west of Tyler Texas. It doesn't even have a red light, just a caution light. I was ordering something over the phone the other day and I thought the guy on the other end was going to laugh when I told him that I lived in Van.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I'm east of Longview about 7 miles. We live between Longview and Hallsville and my studio/shop is about 150ft from the house. You are welcome to come visit anytime. There is an ABANA group in the Dallas area--North Texas Blacksmith Association. Also, if you don't mind driving to Oklahoma--Saltfork Craftsmen Artist Blacksmith Association. Enjoy the site. Oh yeah, we ALL like pictures so please post some of your work!

We used to live in Longview. I really liked it there. Dallas is only about 45 minutes from our house, depending on where your going.

Maybe I will take you up on your offer one of these days and drop by. In south Louisiana you just go by your friends house whenever you feel like, I mean without calling or nothing, you just show up. If you don't do that for about a three week period then your friends will come by your house and make sure your not mad at them or nothing.

Just so you know, I won't just stop by your shop without warning, I'll call first. :P