I Forge Iron

Partners

Max and Kate

Hello all Max and Kate here. My wife Kate has forged in years past until she married me, moved from her parents home. When announced by her folks that the old forge room was falling apart and soon to be torn down we moved all her equipment to our place. She was taught by her uncle who is a master blacksmith so we set up the forge in the garage which is cinder block. Went and spent vacation time with uncle Bill and learned the basics of blacksmithing. A new anvil was need and tools so we made some tools and acquired a 332 anvil. Hope to learn more here and to contribute to the forum. My wife and are partners in the forge and work together having fun and socializing with others who are interested also. Happy Forging.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Good to have the 2 of you aboard. I can get my wife in the shop/studio but it's a rarity! She did hold a piece with tongs once a few yrs back when I need the extra pair of hands. How about adding your location to your profile, this will help us let you know if there are anything blacksmithing relating goking on in your area. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to iforgeiron, alot of good stuff here, if you don't mind telling where your located at in SE Michigan I would like to know. I'm from NW Ohio, if you don't thats fine or you can send a message to my mail box. If your not to far across the state line I would like to invite you to the North West Ohio Blacksmiths meetings and open forges. We do have some members from Michigan.

Welcome to iforgeiron, alot of good stuff here, if you don't mind telling where your located at in SE Michigan I would like to know. I'm from NW Ohio, if you don't thats fine or you can send a message to my mail box. If your not to far across the state line I would like to invite you to the North West Ohio Blacksmiths meetings and open forges. We do have some members from Michigan.

Near Pontiac Mi.let me know when an event is to take place and we'll try to coordinate our schedules to attend. We also know there is a Michigan group, MABA here and want to check that out too.

Will keep you posted Feb. 6 we have a open forge in Wakeman, Oh. its posted on our web site www.nob-blacksmiths.org . The web site usally keeps you up to date on meetings and open forges, but is behind in every thing else. We have alot of members that belong to MABA both groups are great and has a bunch of good people. Keep the fire burning and the iron hot.

Will keep you posted Feb. 6 we have a open forge in Wakeman, Oh. its posted on our web site www.nob-blacksmiths.org . The web site usally keeps you up to date on meetings and open forges, but is behind in every thing else. We have alot of members that belong to MABA both groups are great and has a bunch of good people. Keep the fire burning and the iron hot.

Have friends coming that weekend, they want to do a little forging, a forge party. During the summer we had a few of these with a max of 20 or so people, the anvil was the talk of the party, more than a few played with iron.