I Forge Iron

Fng

smitty55

Hello To you all,
I look forward to picking up good habits and skills from many of you. I have been a gunsmith for most of my life (54) 20 of which were in the United States Marine Corps, 1973-93 active 30 year retired 2003, Semper FI..
I'm building a shop in the spring and want to make as few mistakes as possible. Space, safety, and professional work are all concerns I will plan for. My blacksmith work will be mainly in the knife business, with some gun stuff.
I'm located in south east Missouri, but from all over the country. Raised in southern California, would never move back to that cesspool . Have lived in or been to most of the lower 48, plus Hawaii for 3 years.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! 1st of all THANK YOU SIR for your service!
Check out this group, Blacksmiths Association of Missouri : ABANA affiliate. it's the blacksmith group in MO. Also in Texarkana, ARK is the 4StatesIronMunchers, they have a bunch of bladesmiths. Also www.saltforkcraftsmen.org for the OK group. There are others but these are closest to you.
Great to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing your work. Once again, welcome and THANKS!