I Forge Iron

wrought iron?

I got an old tool from a sawmill a friend gave me. It is wrought iron, about 5/8" to 3/4" round. What is it good for as far as making stuff? I'm new to blacksmithing and don't want to practice on it if it is worth using for a nice project. I have 4 pieces about 3' long. Any ideas what to do with it? Thanks, Randy

Well how about a chandelier made from an old buggy tyre with those rods riveting into the tyre and then curving up to be forge welded into the hanging hook.

Sections heated and flattened for knife hardware?

Short tripod for a raised firepot---make the feet to hook on the edge of the firepot and get a cowboy coffee pot to hang from it over the fire.

Don't be in a hurry to use it; especially if you have never forged WI before.

I'm in no hurry. I'm still building my forge and looking for a anvil and some tongs to start with. I'll add it to my spring steel collection for later use. The piece was about 12' long with about a 4" round loop bent on one end and a 2 prong fork bent at a 90 on the other. The fork end was forge welded. I had to cut it to fit in the jeep to get it home. Thanks, Randy