I Forge Iron

blower

I am not a blacksmith and found this forum by chance. I have an old hand crank blower,can't remember the make. It is pretty rough but works. I've had it in the barn for several years and was wondering if any of you folks would want it and what it's value might be. I'm in Oregon. Thanks, Ken

Yes, joken, hand crank forge blowers are definitely in demand. Most (all, as far as I know) were made by Buffalo or Champion. There's a constant supply on ebay, and also at blacksmith hammer ins and other get togethers. They usually sell in the $30 to $100 range. The only difficulty you will have in selling it is in demonstrating its condition to whoever happens to be in the market right at the moment, unless you get lucky and that happens to be somebody from your neighborhood.

Heck, hook it up to a pipe with some duck take and see if you can use it on a wood fire, that is if you live in the country. See if you can't get a piece of steel red hot, or yellow hot. If you live in an appartment, just go out on the deck with a charcoal grill. Pipe it in to that. If anybody asks what you're doing, just say its a science experiment.