I Forge Iron

Hit and Miss motor

Ten Hammers

OK, fair enough. I wasn't really too specific.

#1 What kind of oil in the crankcase ?

#2 When you start, how much fuel to prime in the petcock ?

#3 The oiler reservoir (clear glass) has 2 places for the oil to go (one to the crankcase and the other one goes in below the carb intake). Importance of these by priority in sight guage ?

#4 Have been told that the old owner used an electric motor (pully was apparently attached to one of the flywheels).. Is this a common occurance? If so, tips on starting please.

#5 Unleaded fuel runs this machine OK (lead additive needed) ?

Sorry to sound like a neophite but I seem to be the one that's gonna have to get this thing rolling. I can make repairs and trace wiring, fix loose soldered joints etc. but I am pretty much in the dark otherwise. I've run Maytags and other old small engines. this one is new to me. Thanks

Bingo. Thanks for the website. No luck there but I always like to see old tractor stuff. got a ton of friends with old tractors. Several with hit and miss motors as well but so far nobody knows about this one. Thanks again for the help.

I run my whole shop with one. For info, go to Harrys Old Engines.

They have a site much like this one and any question you have can be answered.

For parts, you cant beat Hit and Miss Enterprises. Theyre in Ohio and have a site under the same name.

• 2 years later...