I Forge Iron

Greetings!

Iron Bear

Greetings to all! I have been an avid enthusiast of blacksmithing since I was a kid, and only recently have I been able to start into smithing myself with a vengeance. My wife, our two kids, and I have just bought a house and I am preemptively getting ready to set up shop in our new expansive two and a half car garage! I would appreciate any advice concerning getting started in practical and artistic blacksmithing, as well as bladesmithing! I have a lot of experience in a shop environment, but only a little exposure to blacksmithing other than what I have read (which is quite a bit). Hope to hear from everyone in the future and learn and grow in this ancient and noble art. Happy smithing!

Welcome to the forum!

..Clicking on "User CP" at the top of the page and editing your profile to show your location will go a long way towards helping folk close to you find you. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific......Frosty