I Forge Iron

Help Identifying Forge

Agita

Hi I wonder if anyone here could direct me in finding documentation on a unmarked forge with a well marked blower seemingly made for it.

http://tinypic.com/r/j5e8ue/4

the makings it has are

http://tinypic.com/r/9rnd3m/4

The fan Has large words LANCASTER on one side, as well as "Champion Geared Forge Lancaster PA"
elsewhere "Lancaster geared blower #40" on the underside of the hood there are letter number combo of

F0212 (890) !!!where the last 3 can barely be made out so I don't know if thats what they are!!!

Just wondering if anyone would know its history. A advertisement would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Agita

Hi, yep bought it up there Saturday. I have a few other older forges that don't run as well and I've been looking for a better solution for a while.

It runs beautifully, I just wanted to know a little more about it. I've seen a lot of forges (not as much as you guys of coarse) But I haven't seen one like this before. I love it to death honestly. Just wanted to know the history behind it. Thanks for the info, really.

Anyway @Dragons lair: what did you think of it? I really didn't intend on buying it but I got the opportunity anyway. The blower runs like a top. And besides the nest of bees in the ash dump everything is awesome.

OHH, and you can tell where there were two cracks that were welded (If you look at the first pic you can kinda see them above the first air slot on the side.)
Think that will hurt anything?

One more thing, would lining it with firebrick help the sidewall problem?

Edited by Agita