I Forge Iron

Hi from Austin TX

LacyP

My name is Lacy, I am a current student majoring in Art Metals within the Welding Department of Austin Community College. I have been attending for 2 years now and have developed a great love for blacksmithing; I have taken a couple welding courses, (basic) Metalsmithing, Metal Art, Metal Sculpture, Hardware, and Toolmaking classes so far. Enjoying this site alot.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! ACC is a good school from what I've heard and Bill Bastas is top notch! The blacksmith group near you is Balcones Forge, www.balconesforge.org . Check their web site for the next meeting and go if you can. They are a great bunch of folks and attending meetings is great way to learn more about smithing. Also an excellent way to pick up that "needed" tool you've been looking for. Once again welcome and enjoy your stay. When this site starts back to allowing pictures be sure to add some of yours, we'd love to see some of your work.