I Forge Iron

Greetings from TN

Reidster

I have found my way onto the IForgeIron website and I must say "wow - what a good bunch of talent here". Being somewhat of a newbie to smithing - having gotten bitten by the bug only a year ago - I have managed to procure two old wrought anvils - one a very well used Wilkinson, the other of unknown origin but in much better shape. I have also built a propane forge using an old freon tank that works quite well I must add. My first real project was a set of tongs that a fellow smithy showed how to forge one pc on and I finished the rest. Have done some s-hooks, j-hooks, drawing out and pointing and just about finished with a coat rack project using some twisting. Now considering the best possible coal forge design after picking up a Laurel Machine Works firepot at the Alabama Forge Conf meet a few weeks ago. I am a proud member of the Athens forge group of AFC and have learned a lot from those guys.

17862.attach

17863.attach

17864.attach