I Forge Iron

some help identifying my anvil

That's an early Fisher-Norris.

Fisher Norris Eagle Anvils : anvilfire.com

Thick steel top with cast-iron base, cast using a patented process.
There was also a patented process for grinding the horn to a cone, you will notice that the round hole under the heal is about in the centerline of the horn, and was a place for a fixture pin to hold the anvil while grinding, rotating on the pin.
The Logo was an American Eagle holding an Anchor, and is in the sand-cast portion, so they aren’t always super-clear.

Good anvil; I have one like yours, but not as nice, and LOVE it. Enjoy.

250# or 350# means very little to me at this point. the anvil was a steal as far as im concerned. i just ground down the face a few days ago to eliminate the pitting that was on the surface when i got it. until i started doing thinner work the pitting didnt matter. but im super impressed by the condition based on the age. i will be looking for a smaller anvil sometime in the future for demos, something i can travel with. ill be dropping you a line when the time comes. and all the new smithing enthusiasts i run into locally i tell them when they need an anvil to let me know so i can pass on your info to them.