I Forge Iron

Three mornings of forging

nc_cooter

It's been so hot the last few days, I have only been able to work in the shop for about 2 hours each morning. Drinking lots of water and sweating like crazy. My wife said it looked like I peed myself. At my age, who knows.:D
Here's a pic of what the sweating was all about.

16347.attach

Well one thing a bout it if producing that kind of work doesn't make you feel young it ought to at least make you feel good. I look forward to seeing the progress too. Its hot hear too but I can't get myself to go out and even try yet. I keep saying I would burn the house down or something like that but that sweat and wet thing is probably more like it. Thankfully triple digits will be over before too long. And are those from the new post anvil?

Yeah, I did a couple of hour of forging and filing yesterday. The heat and humidity was terrible. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it.
NC, I gotta arrange a time to get down that way. I'd love to get some pointers from you. Those look really good.

Thanks MRobb

devins, yes I forged these on the post anvil. I really like it.

CBrann, round here you can just sit still and break a sweat.

Eric, I hope you can find a way to make the trip for a visit. I learn something new every time and I'll be glad to share.

Edited by nc_cooter