I Forge Iron

part time blacksmith wanted in brisbane

hope this post is in the right bit

near eagle farm, brisbane,

I need a blacksmith occasionally to part time with a view to more work, general forge work making blacksmith tools and general setup of workshop.
suit semi retired or competent hobbyist.
lacky provided in most cases.

msg or email me your number if interested

also happy to show people in my area, if they want an introduction to a bit of forging and fab.

thankyou.

Edited by double_edge2
spelling

I need a blacksmith occasionally to part time with a view to more work, general forge work making blacksmith tools and general setup of workshop.

also happy to show people in my area, if they want an introduction to a bit of forging and fab.

thankyou.

Have you contacted Ian Parminter of 'Ferrocity'? I think he teaches near Brisbane and may have a student looking for some more experience.

howdy,

hi mate
names mike and i live at caboolture .......i would love some introduction to blacksmithing and fabrication ....ph

ill ring shortly

I'l be on the next plane! Hey, I can even speak Australian!

awesome... i even have an american/aussie translater . and ill set up the barby and a swag for ya... :-)

Can I commute from Hurley, N.Y. U.S.A.?
Mark

no probs i have a company canoe and a fuel card?

in all seriousness,, any one coming from wherever in the blacksmith community
to aus. i can put you up for a short stay, im about 10 mins from the airport at brisbane. or stop in for coffee and or bbq.
im probly a bit backyardish for some and have been for about ten years or so, so excuse the forge entrails around the yard.

Have you contacted Ian Parminter of 'Ferrocity'? I think he teaches near Brisbane and may have a student looking for some more experience.

no,, hadnt thought of doing so, and dont know him.
i thought here if you didnt have a million dollar shed with flashy tools, and brick forge, mechanical hammer, and that much insurance you could retire on, and heaps of freebies to give away, you werent worth knowing...

haha just looked at his web page, nice.....jeez im im too lazy for that! although i just bodgied up a 20ton air/hyd forge press,,,,seems to work well enough on 1 inch, the 50 ton 3phase press is going to HAVE to have some plastic surgery done to it.

ive stuck a couple of pics on flickr for the old man in perth to look at, at the url below.

Flickr: 9ohfun's Photostream Edited by double_edge2

Qld brisbane area,

anyone wanting an introduction/taste to blacksmithing and general fabrication. (this includes the female type blokettes as well as blokes)

looking at starting a little regular type BBQ face to face thing, for sharing of knowledge, techniques, ideas and general snag eating/coffee drinking, and playing with the forge.

and still looking for another blacksmith as per original add

email a phone number or pm etc.

Mick, it amy be worth asking Alan Ball if he knows anyone? He's one of the leading lights of the craft in SE QLD & everyone associated with the trade around here seems to know him. Also, it would probably be worth talking to John at Stockman's Supplies.

Mick, it amy be worth asking Alan Ball if he knows anyone? He's one of the leading lights of the craft in SE QLD & everyone associated with the trade around here seems to know him. Also, it would probably be worth talking to John at Stockman's Supplies.

yeah tried him....hes getting out of it...bit crook

• 2 weeks later...

thankyou.

update...

still happy to show people in or around from wherever, my area, if they want an introduction to a bit of forging and fab.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, I live in brisbane and have been wanting to do blacksmithing for a long time. I am 15 years old and turning 16 in November, but have little knowlage in metal working. I dont mind working for free in exchange for your knowlage and teachings. If you could email me at stafford_bull@hotmail.com i would be greatfull, and ill give you my phone number if you wish to discuss this more, thanks!