I Forge Iron

G'day

Hi there, just found your site and thought i would say G'day, obvioulsy I am from Down Under, Australia. Originally from the UK but been here nearly 30 years so i guess I am a local.

My grandfather was a blacksmith and I have a photo of him working over a forge, so I have always had a yearning to get involved in blacksmithing. About 6 months ago after a lot of searching I went to an Auction and was able to buy an Anvil, 91lb. so i am on my way.

Currently I live in Dareton NSW, which is a small town, not much here but here for work, hope to enjoy chatting with you and asking for advice.

Graham

Hi Graham, welcome to the site.

I'm sure Dale would appreciate it if you'd post on his list of Aussie blacksmiths here.

Take a look at the blueprints section, there's a huge amount of useful information there - all given free of charge by some world class smiths.

G'day Graham , mate , tis good ta ave another AUSSIE on line , even ifin he's up in NSW .. :)

Bloke , youse the 2 nd AUSSIE officer of the law we's ave( that i know of , do ave'a former officer here as well ) , wont mention the other blokes name , but he's listed in the http://www.iforgeiron.com/forum/f8/oz-roll-call-7380/

30 yrs , come on bloke ,, youse still ave another 30 ta go before " us " CONVICT'S i'll call youse a " local " ... :)

And Matt , thanks for bungin' up the OZ Roll Call ..:)

Dal Russell

Just to be different, I'll say howdy Graham and not G'day (xxxx, I said it!), anywho, another Aussie to the fold. I'm over in the West and just starting out, although been wanting to do Blacksmithing for years.

Cheers & beers
Macca