I Forge Iron

Oven door

Very nice door for an Oven.

Will you be mounting a piece of clear ceremic like my woodstove has as a window or just fill in with sheetmetal?

I assume that you have chosen stone that will deal well with the heat and not shatter, crumble or explode? (Or have the stone far enough back out of the heat zone not to have a problem...)

My officemate is from Finland; It was almost sad to find they had an english version of their webpages. Looks like good fire rated stuff. My first degree was in geology so I always got to chose the rocks we used for coooking with in the Y1K Irish Living History group I was in. I too used mainly igneous and metamorphic rocks but had to settle for the ones I could find left in the local streams by the glaciers. (and then I tested them before they got used in public!)

Having a window out sure makes it easier to watch the food but it also lets heat out by radiation. Probably not a problem in this case.