I Forge Iron

new workshop

so here are some pictures of the new workshop at the site i have been teaching at for nearly four months. The building was built by the students as part of a little construcion project and is only supposed to be temporary! (ish!!)
We have a facebook site called the clervaux trust.
Login | Facebook
i think this is the link. please have a look and feel free to join. there is a discription of what we are about but also the future aims. If you do join i will be able to keep you informed of all the future events.
I am also moving my main workshop so i will get some pictures of that as soon as i am settled in.

15228.attach

15229.attach

15230.attach

yes it is a magical little place and so lovely to work in. All you can hear, apart from when i start hammering!!, is the running river and the wildlife. Eventually we will be replacing the bales with hazel hurdles as the river can sometimes flood so we cannot impead the river in any way. Also i have found it takes a real effort to actually set a bale on fire! so we just have to be mindful when we are forge welding. we may even lime plaster the inside to give it extra fire protection.

HOW VERY WONDEFULL ADRIAN !!!!!!!
My smithy whice is much bigger is also lokated in the natueral serounding ,horse stable and cow burn from both sides olive and fig trees around and the mountains of shamaria in the east. for me it is like forging in the natuer .
Ivery much understand the spritueal mood while forging in such an atmosphere
bravo adrian
hofi

What a great location!!!!!
I am next to the freeway and under the landing path for Long Beach Airport. All you can hear is the din of cars going by unless the sounds of nature (Cars) are interrupted by the coastal patrol of F16's, Jet Blue airways, UPS Planes,or the famous C-17. AW the sound of nature. On the lighter side I don't bother my neighbors to much!
Steve

thanks for the comments guys, i do feel blessed and i hope the future students will get as much from it as i do. It would be great if you guys could join my facebook group for the clervaux trust site, i posted a link at the top of the page. Hope to see you sometime soon Uri.