I Forge Iron

North Texas power hammer demonstration

Jamesrjohnson

Yesterday, we had a full day of demonstration at my shop. It was well attended and I think that everybody enjoyed themselves. The demonstration focused on the how I used custom dies to create the textures on my metal art. Some of the dies are standard dies, but many I have hand made. In these pictures you can also see how I have my forging area configured. It is sort of like a manufacturing cell. http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbuXLZw0Zt2Tm4

You might have to copy and paste the above link into your internet browser.

James, what a fantastic demonstration/workshop! Well worth my drive. I came away with my head swimming with ideas for new tooling as well as ideas for new art pieces. I don't think anyone went away disappointed.

For those of you thinking of a new air hammer allow me to suggest looking into one of James'. Also for you conference planners, allow me to suggest having James as one of your demonstrators sometime in the future. He does an excellent job, both forging and explanning what, why, and how he does each step.

Thanks for a great day 'in the fire'! But James, really, 2"x4"x16" solid is a pretty aggressive demo piece!;) Looking forward to the finished work.