I Forge Iron

The flowers are blooming!

This sprouted in my yard yesterday. Must have something to do with all the scrap steel laying about the place coupled with all the rain last week!

Seriously though, my wife wanted "a large metal flower" for the yard. Not bad for using a flux-core mig and some found junk, eh?

Petals are cold bent election sign stand steel (non-galvanized), center is hydraulic line flange from junk pile, and stem is found 1/2 round rod. I still need to make a couple leaves for the stem, but that will wait a few days.

13787.attach

Thanks Frosty, for the compliment. Next one is going to have twice as many petals. More petals will make it more like a daisy (she loves daisies!). This one was a trial run, and seeing as how our Spring Conference is this coming weekend, good for a few "points" with the wife.

Of course, when I bring home another "what-the-heck-is-that" from the conference, the points will be used up in one fell swoop!