I Forge Iron

I'm Ted, This is my introduction

Tobago

I'm putting together my shop this summer in the free time between work the stuff that needs to be done around here. Years ago, close to prehistory, a navy buddy and I were studying old technolgy at the old house in Norfolk and blacksmithing was one of the things tried out. We used an old hibachi, shop vac, vise grips, large ball pein and a coil spring.

My darling wife has combined a few celebrations and signed me up for the Spring Hammer In at Ashokan Center in Olivebridge, NY. I'm truly excited to be going there.

Maybe I'll meet one or two New York or New England members of this group there.

Adios,
Ted

Welcome aboard Ted, glad to have ya.

Lots of folk in or near you to hook up with, the spring hammer in should be an excellent experience. You'll get to see new and used equipment, go shopping at the tailgaiting area. (I'm SURE there will be tailgaiting) you'll get to see various techniques in action but probably best of all make contacts, friends and acquaintances. There's nothing like having someone show you how and then tell you what you're doing wrong to accelerate the joy.

Frosty