I Forge Iron

Hello all

jringling

Hello everyone.
I have always had an interest in blacksmithing and have tinkered here and there. I recently made afew leaves for the ABA's Tree Project out of copper since I could work the copper cold. This project made me want try my hand with hot work, so I have decided to build a small forge. I recently bought a nice anvil (Mouse Hole I think) and have picked up a nice big steel brake drum to start with. I know I'll have alot of questions as I work on the forge and start to work with iron, so I thought I would join the forum here so I could gain some knowledge from the experts! I look forward to asking all of the newbie questions that I am sure you all are tired of hearing!

Jerry

Welcome aboard Jerry, glad to have you.

I suggest reading through the "Getting started, Lessons and Blue prints" sections of the site. Take notes to make searching out questions easier and be sure to take a lunch and something to drink, it's easy to lose yourself in there and you might get hungry.

Frosty