I Forge Iron

Drop point hunter

julian

This is my latest knife, a drop point hunter. I don't know for sure what grade the steel is, but it is HC according to spark testing. The handle is Wenge wood, given to me by Rich Hale (thanks rich!). In the first picture you can see the reflection of the camera, hehe :)

hunter2.jpg
hunter1.jpg

Julian I would love to have you out. YOu have wheels? If not we can overcome that obstacle. I have surgery the 14th of June be out of action for two week, [otherwise cell is 480 235-3169. I go to be bed early. Rich Hale can tell you what kind of horse thief I am, grin, so you will be warned. Yeah, if you want we can rough out a Randall drop point skinner out of O-1 (that's what they make em out of, and you'll have a $400 knife without the five year wait.....grin! They work great too, mine (not a Randall) has skinned out a whole elk without being touched up.......they really forge up fast, its the grinding and putting a hilt on that that takes time. A caveat: Rich's knifes are works of art, pattern welding, etc, mine are utilitarian...... Call me when you can. Glad to help another smith and I alwasy learn in the process.....!It'll be fun!

• 4 weeks later...

sorry i was so slow on the reply ellen, computer was down and i havent looked at IFI ina while, i'll definitely give you a call though. I turn 16 tomorrow but i don't have a license, so i can't drive, but i'm sure i could get a ride out to your place.