I Forge Iron

Looking for a coal source in SE Nebraska

Your first name ain't Josh, is it? (thought JMartin mighta been an alias).

If not, I need to hook you up with another new arival to SE NE that's just getting started.

Mean while, check here:

Prairie Blacksmiths Association : ABANA (Artist Blacksmith Association of North America) affiliate.

Ask around this forum for "Irnsrgn"; he lists his location as "Extreme Southeast, Nebraska" and as member of the above organization.

I don't know where you are. but check with Sid Suedmeier at Little Giant in Nebraska City. 402 873 6603 I use some of his coal and I like it.Sid is a great guy to deal with and a great friend of all blacksmiths. If that dont work for you call me at 815-583-4337 I am in Mo. less than 2 hrs. from The corner of your state
Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Josh,

Sid is THE place for coal in Nebraska. You should also look to join the PBA.(Prarie Blacksmith Association). They are having a hammer-in just down the road from you in Filley Ne. on April 18th and 19th. More info can be found here: Prairie Blacksmiths Association : ABANA (Artist Blacksmith Association of North America) affiliate. .
Harlan is a good guy and you'll have fun there.

Have fun,

John

P.S. I second the notion of talking to Jr.(Irnsrgn). He lives in Falls City, and is very busy, but what he could teach you will take years off of the learning curve.