I Forge Iron

is LAMA still active?

They actually had there yearly "Bangin on The Bayou" meeting this last weekend. I wasnt able to attend, but a good friend of mine, Wayne Cash, was able to attend and said it was a good time. Demonstrators were Chris Marks and Jim Wallace.
There are two blacksmithing groups here in LA. LAMA,the one you were inquiring about and Gulfcoast Blacksmith Association. GBA is in the process of updating there website. LAMA's current website is LAMA,Louisiana Metalsmiths Association, Blacksmiths, metalsmiths, Louisiana, Non-profit, metal, artmetal, crafts, arts and crafts
For more details on meetings and such, please send me an email at wassomeoneelse at yahoo dot com and I will get that information for you.
We do have a meeting coming up this weekend with GBA.
Thanks,
Bryan

There is also a group that meets in Shreveport on the 3rd Sunday of the month. They meet at the LSUS campus in the Historical area. 1-5p.m. Never been but the gentleman I talked to this past week was nice. He's a member here. PM me and I'll send you his email for if you need more info.

that is def. something worth checking out. its about a 2 hour drive for me but i think it will be worth it. who knows i might could talk to some of the guys/girls and find one closer to my area. i would like to find a place that wasnt as far to travel, but with my luck it isnt looking very good.

Sjeane,
I just responded to your email. I had to look where Evans, LA is at. I would estimate that you are 1.5-2 hours from Lafayette, LA where LAMA is based out of. You are 2-2.5 from Baton Rouge, LA. Kinda far to drive for a GBA meeting. But I can offer you a ride if you wanna meet me in Baton Rouge. We all take turns driving each month to save gas.
If your interested in knives, there is a Master Bladesmith over near where you live by the name of Tim Pochiet. Really nice guy. Great bladesmith.
I sent you my number. Call me if you have any more questions. Hope you can make it to one of the meetings.
Bryan