Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'airhammer'.
Found 2 results
i have a kuhn reiter 55 kg powerhammer, that have a few problems: when i turn it on, the ram doesn't go up for about 20 min, on a cold day it takes up to an hour. when forging the ram doesn't go all the way up, and takes a few minutes before it goes up again after i stop forging, witch means i only get full power on the first blow. but i can push the ram up with my hands. there are a few air leaks, that might be the cause of the problem, but i don't know. hopefully someone here can help me picture of my hammer:
Hi y'all I am going to tell a story about me and my powerhammer and it is a story that has been going for a few years but it isn't nearly started yet ;) I will try to give as much info about the very hammer as I can as i find that there is very little info about this make on the internet. also about how I set it up and why I did it the way I have done If there is any Questions feel free to ask As some of you know I purchased a Powerhammer about 2 years ago. I got a great opportunity to buy a lovely old airhammer a Pilkington 1 CWT hammer a hammer bigger then i had first planed to get. I was at that time looking to get a 25kg(55) Anyang airhammer The deal I got was from a cool company in the UK Massy forging limited (John N) the hammer got a good overhaul from some Pros and was then shipped to Denmark the hammer before it got anything done to it as it was when I visited to try it out when I was over there to try it out I also shot this video when I got the hammer home it looked like this I was still not ready for it so for about 1,5 years it's been sitting in the barn waiting... while I worked on getting the workshop ready. first thing I did my self on the hammer was cutting the wooden blocks to fit better and then make a strong steel band around them they are 6x6" pinewood or such then the base was up I made a wooden insert the same size as the foundation was going to be but 15mm bigger all around. Then cast the floor around the wooden "form" then removed the wooden "form" and dug the hole out and stomped the ground below and put it 15mm Styrofoam and as the hammer was very low I made a steel ring from 10x100mm barstock the shape I wanted the foundation then levelled that out and welded in a little bit of reinforcement (used what I could get free) then filled her up the cement is approx 750x650x1200mm then last winter(2011) I was then finally ready to move the hammer in onto its foundation, had to make a big hole in the wall directly behind where the hammer was going and then roll it in as there was no way I could lift it in place. the whole hammer weighs about 2 Tons but even so it was very easy to roll it in I used 3/4" and 5/4" water pipe to roll it on as there was a hight difference and also laid strips of 3mm steel plate to roll an to there was a even surface for the pipe we was 3 people doing it and did it slowly and controlled but it still only took about 1 hour when the hammer finally was in place I was happy like a child in a free candy store. here you see the 2mm rubber plate between the wood and cement I then drilled 4, Ø32mm holes 500mm into the cement and resin bonded in M27 8,8 whole tread bar got some stuff that was vibration resistant at least that's what the seller said :) Next is the treadle but I got to go now (making chain guard) ATM. at this point in the story we are around April 2012