I Forge Iron

Book on 75# upright Bradley

Where can one get a copy of an owners manual for a 75# upright Bradley power hammer. I have just purchased one but won't be hauling it home until spring. In the meantime I will be planning on the foundation and when I get it home I will be going over the hammer and making any repairs and adjustments. A book will be helpful.
Warren

When I bought my Bradley, the owner handed me what I would call more of a flyer than a book. It had a parts break down, motor sizes and foundation recommendations. I tried to follow the foundation recommendations but started to hit water about 24 inches down as the location was lowland. I called the guy I once worked for to ask about the foundations. He told me to stop digging. He set his hammers ( strap/ half helve machines) on 6 inches of concrete without any problem. I basically stopped the depth and widened it for the area under the anvil. I think I went about 12" the rest of the hammer bases plus the are to mount the motor. I also re-enforced the concrete with scrap iron as well as welded up a frame to hold the bolts that came up through the concrete to bolt down the base of the machine. It never moved or gave me any problems. When I moved the machine to another location, I did not do a foundation and it broke through a 4" floor, just settled down. The next location was also set on the floor without any problems to the floor, but it would need more frequent adjustments due to it "wiggling" some. If I made a copy of that flyer and can find it, I will let you know. I let the original go with the machine when I sold it. They are very well built and hard to kill. 6 to 8 inches of concrete with bolts through, should be plenty. They also recommend 2 inches planking between the wood and concrete. I used oak.

I have a copy of the operating manual, parts list, foundation plan. It is a copy of a copy but very readable. I have a 125 and it is ajoy to use. The foundations in the book are a bit of over kill. If you would like the book send me pm or call at 816 583 4337 7 to 10 cst.