I Forge Iron

test testing 1 2

bound201

Hello everyone I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm new to blacksmithing and the forum. I do IT work at present and while bored at work one evening I was surfing the net to find out more about blacksmithing I stumbled upon to this site.

I have done metal working in the past with arc, mig, and tig welders on the farm I grew up on but no actual smithing type work. I got started in smithing with the good ole brake drum forge making my father cold chisils and giving those to him. He likes mine better than the ones he buys he stated mine will hold an edge for a year the ones he buys he throws away after using them twice.

I'm in Texas now and the farm is in Georgia so I don't get to work with my hands much so I've had a renewed intrest in blacksmithing as of late as a means to get outside and do something with my hands.

Well at anyrate I thought I'd say hello and a merry Christmas to everyone.

Mark

Welcome Mark! Welcome to IFI

Be sure to go to the top of the page and click on the userCP, there you will find a place to fill in your location. This info is an amazing help on this forum as often there is folks who are close by and can offer more detailed information and help. With more than 50 countries represented here location can be quite important...

Sounds like you have some good experience in some areas, you'll find smiths here of every skill level. There are a lot of great basics info on the home page by following the getting started link, or search for other questions in the forums... just fair warning, pack a lunch and a tall cool drink before starting, you could be here a while!

Look forward to seeing you around
James