I Forge Iron

Ceramic Welding?????

Has anybody ever heard of Ceramic Welding before?? I know it exists, but never heard of it until just recently because a kid I went to school with is Over in China right now making $46 per hour doing it!! I have looked and looked but can't find any good informational sites on this process. Can anyone fill me in? From the little bit of info that I can find, it seems to me that it takes a filler (which is a refractory powder made up of slight percentages of; Aluminum, Chromium, Magnesium, Zinc, Alumina, Chromium Oxide, Silica, and Calcium) and "streams" it across a path of super-heated ionized gas which slams it against the preheated base material hard enough to fuse it together in an almost "puddy" or clay state instead of a liquid.

Am I close??

Hillbilly

Edited by Hillbillysmith
Spelling Errors

Hello
I do not know if this is what you are describing but it sounds similar. eutectic spray system (I think thats the name, it has been a long time since I used it) When I was working in a local machine shop (not making $46.00 an hour) we had a set up that sprayed a powder through a torch head and we used it to build up bearing journals and etc. that had been worn. Build up the area then machine it back to size. You could get many different powders for many different applications. This stuff worked well, if applied properly and in certain applications. I hope this helps.
canman:cool: