I Forge Iron

HeavyHammer

HeavyHammer

My name is Nathan Brandt. I'm thirteen years old and I have been smithing for around 3 years.

I remember watching the smiths at steam engine shows and always longed to be able to try my hand at it. So finally one day I just went out and built a forge outta some scrap and took it from there.

I've met some truly amazing people and seen some truly amazing pieces. This website has helped me so much its unbeleivable. Kind of funny i never thought to join up till lately.

My father has been a big help, hes a master fabricator and proffesional welder. I get all my metal from his shops scraps (it's really nice to get free stock:). My grandfather has always had an interest in it and my uncle is a blacksmith so they have done everything they can to help me keep going in it. Though I must say my mother isnt exactly in love with coal yet;) but I think itll grow on her.

Oh, and if anyone wants someone to come get rid of that nasty old anvil in the backyard im your man, I'll even do it for free;)