I Forge Iron

Champion Forge

Okiepan

I just acquired a champion forge , the blower has no markings on it , the pan has a 145-3 stamped on the bottom of it ,

It is all intact and works , a little rusty on the 3 legs .

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you  

I just found my PDF copy of the Champion Blower and Forge catalog #52. On page 29 there is a 145-S three leg forge. You might have a look to see if it's like yours.

I just saw your reply with picture, it looks like the 145-S to me. The pan is heavy gauge pressed steel so probably won't need clay.

https://ia803102.us.archive.org/21/items/championblowerandforgecocatalogno521926/Champion Blower and Forge Co Catalog No 52 1926.pdf

I suggest taking the gear cover off and checking the gears and condition of the oil, which is probably a hardened mess. I don't recommend taking the blower apart because there are no parts available if something breaks. Just wash the old oil out with some kerosene or diesel fuel. Then add oil (I use 80 wt gear oil) but any oil will do. Do not fill the gear box with oil because it will leak out. Use just enough for the lower gear to run in oil which will then oil all the other gears & bearings. It's a splash system of oiling.